- Don’t invest until you understand the numbers.
- Make sure the holding costs (rental income less outgoings) are manageable.
- Invest in locations with high population, employment, and mid to long term capital growth.
- Diversify across lenders to increase your borrowing capacity. Your goal is to own a large asset base.
- Buy and hold for seven to ten years. Few people grow wealthy by buying and selling continuously.
- The area must be close to key amenities such as schools and public transport and a sound long term rental history.
- Choose new or renovated properties to maximise savings and minimise the need for maintenance.
- Go cross-country. Diversify your property investments to protect your portfolio against markets with prolonged flat periods. Diversification works!
- Ensure you have a team of property investment specialists with appropriate research to support any investment decision that you make. A team that can provide ongoing support and education.
- Do not invest in holiday locations! Rent those ones, it will be less expensive!
Keep up to date by following us:
© Copyright 2012 – 2020 Locumsgroup.